Open Positions: Top NYC I-bank
Tax Compliance Manager
The Manager of Tax Compliance will be responsible for managing the preparation and filing of our Federal and State income tax returns. This individual must have experience with US partnership allocations and US partnership reporting (1065). This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who thrives on challenges and is ready roll up their sleeves to build and create a best-in-class tax program for a public company.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Review (at times prepare) and finalize Federal, International and State income tax returns with an emphasis on 1065 Federal and NY state income tax returns.
• Review of consolidated 1120 Federal returns including international reporting (5471s, 8865s, 8858s) and State returns
• Review provision to return true-up calculation upon filing of the tax returns.
• Review 1040-NR based on partnership allocations
• Prepare and manage the Tax compliance calendars, quarterly estimated tax payments, and monthly reporting of cash taxes.
• Liaise with the tax accounting team for cash taxes and payments, analyzing net operating loss carryovers, credits, valuation allowances based on return filings.
• Work closely with co-source service provider to identify opportunities for process and automation improvements and help develop and implement the improvements.
• Provide tax input for financial budgets, imputed income, quarterly tax dashboard, cash tax and forecasts
• Ensure the proper documentation is prepared and continually monitor the controls and modify the processes as needed.
• Analyze the facts and circumstances of significant book transactions and determine applicable tax treatment in accordance with the relevant tax authority.
• Any other duties as assigned
· Bachelor degree in Accounting
· Minimum of 5+ years of experience in tax compliance, with an emphasis on partnership returns (1065s) and partnership allocations in a national/regional public accounting firm
• CPA designation preferred
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of programs, specifically Excel
• Working knowledge of Oracle software used for general ledger
• OneSource software for tax return preparation
• Strong managerial skills, with a hands on approach
• Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with people from multi-functional and diverse backgrounds
• Ability to effectively analyze, organize, and prioritize workflow according to internal and external deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness to take ownership and dedicate the time needed to complete departmental and company-wide objectives